Service Children Pupil Premium
Pupils are eligible for Service Pupil Premium (SPP) funding if they meet the following criteria:
- one of their parents is serving in the regular armed forces (including pupils with a parent who is on full commitment as part of the full time reserve service).
- they have been registered as a ‘service child’ on a school census since 2016.
- one of their parents died whilst serving in the armed forces and the pupil receives a pension under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme or the War Pensions Scheme.
Please click here for more information: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-service-pupil-premium/service-pupil-premium-what-you-need-to-know.
If your child is eligible for Service Pupil Premium (SPP) funding, please let us know via the school office.
- Children have the opportunity to drop in and attend our daily Nurture club which is supervised by our SENCO Mrs Burton and Pastoral Manager Mrs Tottle.
- International links are referred to when the opportunity arises in class and through international opportunities in school.
Around time of deployment
- Families will be given our Deployment Pack to use if they wish.
- We have purchased a selection of books for children to read in school with Mrs Tottle or to take home around the time of deployment.
- The school can purchase a huggable hero for the children.
- Children can take part in one of our social and emotional interventions to support with their feelings and experiences.
A practical guide for Parents – what can we do when something distressing happens? Click here to access the practical guide for Parents.
Supporting families through times of deployment: Click here for family support.
Little Troopers are a registered charity supporting all children with parents serving in the British Armed Forces, regular or reserve. They provide fundamental resources, initiatives and events to ease and aid repeated separation periods. http://www.littletroopers.net/