Sports Premium Funding at Ivy Lane Primary School
At Ivy Lane School we have always prided ourselves on the wide range of high quality activities that we provide to keep our children active and healthy. We promote a positive learning atmosphere so that all children participate in and enjoy PE and a more healthy life-style whilst maintaining a healthy approach to competition. We realise its potential for the promotion of ‘Learning for life’ skills that we believe can make a positive difference to the children’s lives.
Some of the Sports Premium funding has been targetted on professional development and further training for teaching staff in areas of the PE curriculum in which they are less confident . Each Class teacher will get the opportunity to develop their skills and reflect upon their own practice over a 6 – 8 week programme using modelled, shared and observed teaching approaches.
Further information about the School PE & Sports Premium 2019-20 from the Dept for Education.
key purpose of the sport premium
The Government is providing additional funding to improve the quality of PE and sport for all children. The funding can only be spent on PE and sport provision in schools.
Possible uses for the funding include:
1. Hiring specialist PE teachers/qualified sports coaches to work alongside teachers when teaching PE.
2. New or additional Change4Life sport clubs.
3. Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport.
4. Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport.
5. Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the Sainsbury’s School Games.
6. Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport.
7. Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.