The Thrive Approach®
The Thrive Approach has evolved over the last 25 years, providing those who work with children and young people with the knowledge, skills and tools to optimise social and emotional development. Thrive is committed to supporting and encouraging the development of confident, curious, creative and capable children and young people who are open to learning and better equipped to deal with life’s ups and downs.
Building positive relationships
The connections children and young people have with the adults around them is key. Repetition of positive experiences developed through Thrive activities supports their development, helping them to:
• feel good about themselves and know that they matter
• increase their sense of security and trust
• increase their emotional wellbeing
• improve their capacity to be creative and curious
• increase their self-esteem and confidence to learn
• learn to recognise and regulate their feelings
• learn to think before behaving in a certain way
• ...and much more.
We are fortunate to have two licenced Thrive Practitioners, Mrs Adams (our Pastoral Manager) and Miss Heap (Year 6 teaching assistant), who can work with our children on a 1:1 basis and also group work. They also support teachers and teaching assistants with the roll out of Thrive within our school.
Mrs Adams Miss Heap